Friday, October 29, 2010
I tried out a new recipe this weekend for the kitchen tea. I had the recipe for years and never made it and thought it would be a great idea to make something new. so i spent all day making the dough which unfortunately i could not by and had to make it from scratch. So i did that and it looked okay. Then i had to make the filling which needed all sorts of things. I needed some cadamon seeds and pistachio nuts, almonds and hazelnuts, then i had to melt some butter and had to put in cocont and sugar. finealy i had to then fill them into the pastry which i cut into squares and fill. Then i had to fry them in hot oil and roll them in icing sugar. They are called sweet samoosas and the final result was pretty good. Everyone enjoyed them and my idea was okay. What a relief.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That sounds delicious! All i can say is where was my share?
ReplyDeleteThey sound amazing! I think the only way to improve on a samosa is to make it sweet.
ReplyDeleteThey look awesome, you should take some to work!
ReplyDeleteWell done they look delicious. Anne
ReplyDeleteYou are an awesome chef I love tasting you recipes KAren
ReplyDeleteNow here is a blog after my own heart
ReplyDelete